Copyright © 2005 by Richard A. Holeton. This work is anthologized in The Electronic Literature Collection, Volume 1, ed. N. Katherine Hayles, Nick Montfort, Scott Rettberg, and Stephanie Strickland (Electronic Literature Organization, 2006) (direct link). A different version of this story for print, "Understanding Hypertext," appeared in the Winter 2004 issue of ZYZZYVA (San Francisco, CA).
Frequently Asked Questions about "Hypertext"
What is “Hypertext”?
2. What are the Richards Criteria?
3. Who are you?
4. What is the Popular Interpretation?
5. And the Texas/Bush School?
6. Can you summarize the Technosexual Reading?
7. How about the Richards Posttranssexual Rereading?
8. What's the story with the fan fiction and the double murder?
9. Who am I?