“He had the most phenomenal memory of anyone I have ever met.
…He always rehearsed from memory and knew every note by heart, as well as the text.
It was absolutely staggering.…
He was a very pure musician of great intensity and integrity.…
He was very self-effacing, and probably one of the most altruistic people I ever met.”
Daniel Barenboim, A Life in Music (New York: Arcade Pub., 2003), 48–49.
· Dimitri Mitropoulos: A Correspondence with Katy Katsoyanis. Athens: Ikaros, 1966. [Greek]
· Dimitri Mitropoulos: A correspondence with Katy Katsoyanis, 1930–1960. New York: Martin Dale, 1973. Translation by Mary Keeley; foreword by George Seferis; introductions by Louis Biancolli and Katy Katsoyanis. [abridged version of the 1966 edition]
· Christopoulou, Maria. Dimitri Mitropoulos – His Life and Work. Athens: private edition, 1971. [Greek]
· Kostios, Apostolos. Dimitris Mitropoulos. Athens: Morfotiko Idryma Ethnikis Trapezis, 1985. [Greek]
· Kostios, Apostolos. Dimitri Mitropoulos. Florence: Aletheia, 1993. [Italian]
· Trotter, William R. Priest of Music: The Life of Dimitri Mitropoulos. Portland, Oregon: Amadeus Press, 1995.
· Kostios, Apostolos. Dimitri Mitropoulos: Thematic Catalogue. Athens: Orchestra of Colors / ESTIA, 1996. [Greek]
· Zignani, Alessandro. Dimitri Mitropoulos: una luce che incatena il cielo. Varese: Zecchini, 2007. [Italian]
· Kostios, Apostolos. Dimitri Mitropoulos: Autobiographical. Athens: Panas Music Papagrigoriou-Nakas, 2010. [Greek]
· Dimitri Mitropoulos and the Athens Conservatory – The Chronicle and the Documents. Edited by Aris Garoufalis and Charis Xanthoudakis. Corfu: Hellenic Music Research Lab, Ionian University, 2011. [Greek]
Arfanis, Stathis A. The Complete Discography of Dimitri Mitropoulos. Athens: Irinna S.A., 1990; 2nd edition: Athens, Potamos, 2000.