I am researcher in high-energy astroparticle physics and Feodor Lynen Research fellow of the Humboldt foundation at Stanford University and the Kavli Insitute of Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology (KIPAC).
I am the coordinator of the Dark Matter & New Physics working group of the Fermi-LAT (Large Area Telescope) Collaboration and an associated member of the H.E.S.S. (High Energy Stereoscopic System) Collaboration. I am also a member of the the CTA (Cherenkov Telescope Array) Consortium.
Before joining KIPAC I was a post-doc at the Oskar Klein Centre at Stockholm University in Jan Conrad's group.
Originally, I am from Hamburg, Germany, where I also did my PhD in Prof. Dieter Horns' group.
18 publications in peer-reviewed journals with major contribution (8 as corresponding author), and 2 articles submitted for publication. Co-author of 38 publications of the H.E.S.S. collaboration, 9 publications of the Fermi-LAT collaboration, 21 conference proceedings, and 1 white paper. The publications have in total more than 1600 citations with an h index of 20.
- "Indirect Axion and Axionlike Particle Searches at Gamma-Ray Energies", Invited talk at the 7th International Fermi Symposium, 15-20 October, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
-"Searches for Angular Extension in High Latitude Fermi-LAT Sources" and "AMEGO: Dark Matter Prospects", talks at the TeV Particle Astrophysics 2017 (TeVPA 2017) Conference, 7-11 August, Columbus, OH, USA, see also this video
- "Astrophysical searches for axions and axionlike particles at gammaray energies", Invited talk at the South American Dark Matter Workshop, May 10-12, ICTP-SAIFR, São Paulo, Brazil
- Invited Seminar at the Universidad Católica de Chile (April 17) and Universidad de Santiago de Chile, April 18
- "Future Constraints of Dark Matter Effective Field Theories and Simplified Models with CTA", DM@LHC workshop, April 3-5 UC Irvine, California, USA
- Invited talk at the GRAPPA Seminar, January 23, Gravitation and Astroparticle Physics in Amsterdam center, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Invited talk at the Astroparticle Seminar at the Niels Bohr International Academy, November 1, Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen
- Invited talk at Fysikdagarna (Physics Days) Conference, 27-29 October, Gothemborg, Sweden
- Talk at the TeV Particle Astrophysics 2016 (TeVPA 2016) Conference, 12-16 September, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland
- Invited talk at the 12th Patras Workshop on Axions, WIMPs, and WISPs, 20-24 June, 2016, Jeju Island, South Korea
- Invited talk at the Workshop on Perspectives on the Extragalactic Frontier: from Astrophysics to Fundamental Physics, 2-4 May, ICTP, Trieste, Italy
- "Search for Axion-like Particle Signatures in Gamma-ray Data". Given at the Gamma Rays and Dark Matter Workshop, 7-12 Decenmber, 2016, Obergurgl, Austria.
- "Search for axion-like particles signatures in the gamma-ray spectrum of NGC 1275". Talk at the Partikeldagarna, 30 November - 1December, Uppsala, Sweden
- "Search for Axion-like Particle Signatures in the Gamma-Ray Spectrum of NGC 1275" for the Fermi-LAT collaboration. Plenary talk at the Sixth International Fermi Symposium, 9-13 November, 2015, Washington DC, USA.
- "Search for axion-like particle signatures in the gamma-ray spectrum of NGC 1275". Talk at the 11th Patras Workshop on Axions, WIMPs, and WISPs, 22-26 June, 2015, Zaragoza, Spain.
- Talk "Sensitivity of H.E.S.S. II and the Cherenkov Telescope Array to detect photon-axion-like particle oscillations in different magnetic fields at high gamma-ray opacities" at the 10th PATRAS Workshop on Axions, WIMPs and WISPs, 29 June - 4 July, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland
- "Sensitivity of H.E.S.S. II and CTA to detect a reduced ɣ-ray opacity due to photon-axion- like-particle oscillations". Invited talk at the "Gamma-ray Constraints on the EBL and the IGMF" Meeting-in-a-Meeting at the 224th AAS Meeting, 1-5 June, 2014, Boston, MA, USA.
- Sensitivity of the Cherenkov Telescope Array to the Detection of Axion-like Particles". Invited talk at the SLAC Gamma-ray Blazar Workshop, 12-13 March, 2014, Stanford, CA, USA.
- "Search for Axion-like particle signatures in gamma-ray spectra". Talk at the UCLA Dark Matter 2014 Conference, 26-28 February, 2014, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- "Opacity of the Universe for VHE gamma-rays in the presence of axion-like particles". Invited talk at the workshop "What are we learning from the gamma-ray sky?", 10-12 October, 2013, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- "Impact of axion-like particles on observations with IACTs". Talk at the 2013 European Physical Society Conference on High Energy Physics, 18-24 June, 2013, Stockholm, Sweden.