Naomi Dushay - Technical Goodies
Documents and Files
- C. Lagoze, D. Krafft, T. Cornwell, N. Dushay, D. Eckstrom, J.Saylor "Metadata Aggregation and "Automated Digital Libraries": A Retrospective on the NSDL Experience," JCDL-2006: Joint Conference on Digital Libraries, Chapel Hill, NC, June 2006. Vannevar Bush award for best paper. http://arxiv.org/pdf/cs.DL/0601125 (draft)
- N. Dushay, "Visualizing Bibliographic Metadata: A Virtual (Book) Spine Viewer," D-Lib Magazine, Vol. 10, no. 10, October, 2004.
- D. Hillmann, N. Dushay and J. Phipps, "Improving Metadata Quality: Augmentation and Recombination," DC-2004: International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications, Shanghai, China, October, 2004.
- N. Dushay and D. Hillmann, "Analyzing Metadata for Effective Use and Re-use," DC-2003: 2003 Dublin Core Conference, Seattle, September 2003.
- W.Y. Arms, N. Dushay, D. Fulker and C. Lagoze, "A Case Study in Metadata Harvesting: the NSDL," Library HiTech Vol. 21, no. 2, 2003.
- N. Dushay, "Localizing Experience of Digital Content via Structural Metadata," JCDL-2002: Joint Conference on Digital Libraries, Portland, Oregon, 2002.
- N. Dushay, "Using Structural Metadata to Localize Experience of Digital Content," Technical Report, December, 2001.
- N. Dushay and C.Lagoze, "Modeling Decisions for Digital Content," Cornell University Computer Science, Technical Report TR2000-1807, July, 2000.
- N. Dushay, J. C. French and C. Lagoze, "Predicting Indexer Performance in a Distributed Digital Library," ECDL99: Third European Conference on Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries, Paris, France, September, 1999. (Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 1696)
- N. Dushay, J. C. French and C. Lagoze, "Using Query Mediators for Distributed Searching in Federated Digital Libraries," Fourth ACM Conference on Digital Libraries (ACM'99), Berkeley, CA, August, 1999.
- N. Dushay, J. C. French and C. Lagoze, "A Characterization Study of NCSTRL Distributed Searching," Cornell University Computer Science, Technical Report TR99-1725, January, 1999.