If you can't access one of these publications and would like to, please send me an email!
- Hurricane-induced power outage risk under climate change is primarily driven by the uncertainty in projections of future hurricane frequency. Alemazkoor, Rachunok, Chavas, Staid, et. al. Scientific Reports.
- Twitter and Disasters: a Social Resilience Fingerprint. Rachunok, Bennett, Nateghi. IEEE Access.
- The Sensitivity of Electric Power Infrastructure Resilience to the Spatial Distribution of Disaster Impacts. Rachunok, Nateghi. Reliability Engineering & System Safety.
- Convolutional Neural Networks Predict Global Solar Irradiance. Choi, Rachunok, Nateghi. Environmental Research Letters.
- A Path Forward for Leveraging Social Media to Improve the Study of Community Resilience. Rachunok, Bennett, Flage, Nateghi. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Decoding Regional Climate Attitudes by Integrating Social Media and Survey Data. Bennett, Rachunok, Flage, Nateghi. PLoS ONE.
twitter and disasters
- The “Social Resilience Fingerprint” was featured by the UN Office of Disaster Risk Reduction
- Purdue Engineering Review: “Parsing tweets to strengthen community disaster resilience”
I'm regularly at the annual meetings for ... - INFORMS (Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences) - SRA (Society for Risk Analysis) - IISE (Institute for Industrial & Systems Engineers)
- Natural Hazards Researchers Meeting (July 2020)
- IC2S2 (July 2020)
- INFORMS 2020 (October 2020)
- SRA 2020 (December 2020)
- Decoding Climate Change Attitudes in Social Media. SRA Annual Meeting. Arlington, VA.
- Community Resilience & Twitter. SRA Annual Meeting. Arlington, VA.
- Social Resilience Fingerprinting. INFORMS Annual Meeting. Seattle, WA.
- Electric Power Infrastructure Resilience. IISE Annual Meeting. Orlando, FL.
- Disaster Impact Distributions. SRA Annual Meeting. New Orleans, LA.
- Spatial Distributions of Disasters. INFORMS Annual Meeting. Phoenix, AZ.
- Stochastic Unit Commitment Performance Consiering Monte Carlo Wind Power Scenarios. IEEE International Conference on Probabilistic Methods Applied to Power Systems. Boise, ID.
- Transportation Network Recovery Analysis, an Equilibrated Perspective. SRA Annual Meeting. Arlington, VA
- Modling Uncertainty, the Cost of Wrong Assumptions. INFORMS Annual Meeting. Houston, TX.
- UAVs Provide Lifesaving Medical Care. IISE Annual Meeeting Anaheim, CA.
- Simulating UAVs as a Healthcare Delivery Device. NCSU Research Symposium. Raleigh, NC.
- Outstanding Research Award, Honorable Mention, Purdue University 2020
- Outstanding Service Award, Purdue University 2020
- Lee Chaden Fellowship, Purdue University, 2018
- Estus and Vashti Magoon Award for Teaching Assitant Excellence, Purdue University, 2017.
- IISE Annual Conference Operations Research Undergraduate Research Dissemination Contest: 1st place, 2016