CS101 - Introduction to Computing Principles
Welcome to CS101, an introduction to the key ideas of computing.
Spring lecture: Tu/Thu 1:30-2:50 in 50-52H. Please a laptop to class so you can follow along with the in-class exercises.
Happy graduation everyone! You can check your final exam score on Canvas.
For high schools or other outside groups, a version of these materials are freely available at classes to use in an ad-hoc way, the materials are freely available at introcomputing.org.
Lectures and Exercises
- Week 1
- Week 2
- Week 3
- Week 4
- Week 5
- Week 6
- Week 7
- Week 8
- Week 9
- Week 10
Image Functions Reference
timer-tab in-lecture timing
MaxM RGB Gadget and Arduino tiny and inexpensive computer board - used to build the RGB lecture demo, neat hardware for little projects
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org send questions to the staff
- CS101 Canvas Site -- assignment turn-in and grades are here
- Staff and Office hours ...
- 1. Homework office hours 6:30-8:00 pm the day a homework is due (typically Monday) in the Lathrop tech lounge, ground floor. Look for the little "CS101" on the whiteboard.
- 2. Nick Parlante office hours - chat after lecture, then office hours in Gates 189 Tue / Thu 3:00-4:00 or by appointment (email
- CS101 TAs
- Hemanth Kini (hkini at stanford.edu)
- Ashley Taylor (ataylor4 at stanford.edu)