- We will be using Canvas for
our class website. The web.stanford.edu website you are currently viewing will not be updated.
- Topics covered in CS105 include:
- How computers work.
- How computers represent information such as music and images.
- How the Internet works.
- How to create webpages.
- How to write computer programs.
- What you should know about computer security.
Download the syllabus here.
- Lecturer: Dr. Patrick Young
E-Mail: patrick.young @
Office: Gates 194
Office Hours: Check Canvas
MWF 2:30-3:20pm in McMurtry Building 102, Oshman
- Kali Cornn, kcornn @, Head TA
- Esther Goldstein, egolds @
- Sarah Johnson, sarah24 @
Dr. Young will hold office hours in Gates 194. Check Canvas for Teaching Assistant Office Hours Time and Location.
The textbook materials for CS105 are available in the form of a course-reader
which may be purchased at the bookstore.