Welcome to CS193X: Web Programming Fundamentals! This is an opinionated introduction to web programming. In this class, you will learn modern full-stack web development techniques without use of a frontend framework.
- Prereqs CS106B; Unix/command-line proficiency or CS1U
- Lectures Mon-Wed-Fri, 1:30-2:20 in Shriram Center 104
- Final exam No final exam.
- Final project Yes, there will be one. Details TBA.
CS193X is limited enrollment. This is the first offering of CS193X, so enrollment is limited and by application only. It will be offered again sometime in the 2017-2018 school year.
- [5/26] Final Project is released
- [5/19] Homework 5 is released and is due Wed, May 31 at 11:59pm
- NOTE: We changed the due date to 5/31, but the late cutoff is still 6/1.
- [5/10] Homework 4 adjustments: Preloading is now extra credit, and the spec is restructured in terms of milestones. See Piazza post for more details.
- [5/8] Homework 4 is released and is due Wed, May 17 at 11:59pm
- [5/1] We made some changes to the course logistics, grading, and schedule. See May 1 lecture slides or syllabus / course info for details.
- [4/28] Homework 3 is released and is due Mon, May 8 at 11:59pm (was: May 5, but extended to the 8th)
- [4/19] Homework 2 is released and is due Fri, Apr 28 at 11:59pm (was: Apr 26, but extended to the 28th)
- [4/10] Homework 1 is released and is due Wed, Apr 19 at 11:59pm (was: Apr 17, but extended to the 19th).
- [4/3] Homework 0 is released and is due Fri, Apr 7 at 11:59pm.
Please post to Piazza for homework questions. For personal matters, contact the course staff:
- Victoria Kirst, instructor (vrk@)
- Amy Xu, TA (xuamyj@)
- Cindy Lin, TA (cinlin@)
- Helen Fang, TA (hfang9@)
- Zach Maurer, TA (zmaurer@)
- Everyone: firstname.lastname@example.org
See staff page for office hours. All email addresses are @stanford.edu.
We would love your feedback on the course! To give feedback on homework, please use the feedback form attached to to the submission form. (Will be available on HW1 onward.)
For all other feedback, send an email to the course staff with your suggestions: email@example.com. If you’d prefer to stay anonymous, you can also message us via our sayatme link. Hope to hear from you soon!