There will be no final examination. This course is offered on a
letter grade basis only. Your grade will be weighted as follows:
Classroom Discussion (1/3)
Students will receive a mid-quarter participation evaluation the the midpoint of the course.
First written case (1/3)
Second written case (1/3)
If at any point during the quarter you would like to see us about
your class participation, written work, course matters, or anything
else, please contact us after class or by email to set up an appointment and we will work to accommodate your needs.
Attendance at all classes is
required because of the interactive nature of the case method. Because
we understand that students have numerous constraints on them
throughout the quarter, under certain circumstances students are
allowed to miss up to two classes without affecting their grade.
When missing a class students must do the following:
- Notify either both professors and the TA, via email, of the absence:
- This should be done at least 24 hours prior to the class being missed.
- Provide a reason (research conference, recruiting trip, family emergency, etc.) for not attending.
- Complete the make-up assignment for the class meeting they are missing:
- Complete the reading for the class being missed.
- Watch the video of the class meeting.
- Prepare a writeup of around 2 pages. Your writeup should include the following:
- Answers to all study questions for the class being missed
- Any points from the class discussion you especially agreed or disagreed with
- Email your writeup to the TA within one week of the class being missed.
who cannot submit these assignments according to the deadlines listed
should make arrangements for alternate submission dates with the EE204
Failure to meet any of these criteria will negatively impact a student's participation grade.
Extra-credit opportunities are available for EE204, including the following:
- Give a short, in-class individual presentation on a current event related to the course
- Implement the framework for the CaseWiki
Additionally, the top performing team in the simulation and top performing individuals in the CaseWiki are awarded extra credit.