The Stanford Hmong Outreach Program Promoting Education is an academically enriching program that provides high school students the opportunity to experience and preview college life. Highlights of the program include: attending university lectures, a campus tour, a workshop with a Stanford admissions officer, and dinner with Stanford alumni. We hope that students who attend the program will further be inspired to pursue higher education and gain the knowledge and tools to do so. This year SHOPPE will be held from
April 3, 2015 to April 5, 2015
The program is open to all Hmong high school students who aspire to attend college. Preference will be given to sophomores and juniors who have not committed themselves to specific colleges. Transportation will be provided for students living in areas near Fresno, Merced, and Sacramento at centralized locations. Students will be housed with HSU members who have generously agreed to host them.
Feel free to check out the SHOPPE Facebook event for more information and possible updates!
** This application is DUE: FEBRUARY 28, 2015 at 11:59PM PST. Please send completed applications via email with SHOPPE 2015_Name in the subject line to email@example.com For students who are wondering how to fill out the application, you have three options.
- You can fill out the PDF form using Adobe reader/acrobat or some other applications. There are multiple ways you can do it, but one of them is using the text-commenting tool.
- Download Wondershare, which will allow you to write on the pdf. http://www.wondershare.com/…/how-to-write-on-a-pdf-form.html
- If you do not have access or cannot download software that can fill out the pdf, you may print out the form, handwrite the responses, and mail it to the following address.
P.O. Box 16045
531 Lasuen Mall
Stanford, CA 94309
- For the recommendation, you just need to give the rec link to your counselor.
How to Apply
A complete application includes:
- The submission of an application form, on February 28, 2015 by 11:59:59 PM (Pacific Time Zone) including an unnoficial transcript at: APPLICATION
- One recommendation letter submitted by a teacher or community member on February 28, 2015 by 11:59:59 PM (Pacific Time Zone) at the link: RECOMMENDATION FORM
Students will be notified of their status by early March 2015. Applicants will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of their submissions.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, you can contact Stanford HSU via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or email Linda Xiong [Stanford HSU SHOPPE Coordinator] at email@example.com.