Welcome to AISC website!
The SHM-AISC will establish an approach for the introduction and use of SHM for aerospace vehicle structures that engages with regulating and certification authorities while capturing the best practice from the global aerospace industry and its suppliers. By building consensus with all stakeholders, the AISC aims to provide definitive guidance on the means to achieve the benefits of SHM for vehicle users, operators and manufacturers.
To fulfill its mission, the SHM-AISC will convene working groups (initially with respect to commercial aviation) and involve all necessary organizations to carry out the following:
1. Review the anticipated impact of SHM on qualification and certification processes and procedures for various regulatory agencies such as the FAA and EASA.
2. Develop guidelines for use by regulatory agencies to generate new or revised certification requirements (including advisory materials).
3. Review existing scheduled/unscheduled maintenance and structural inspection practices/processes and identify opportunities for implementation of SHM.
4. Set Guidelines for developing standards for assessing the reliability and maintainability of SHM.
5. Engage technology suppliers in identifying gaps in current capability and the means to bridge them.
6. Evaluate and recommend changes to structural design practices to identify opportunities for implementation of SHM.
7. Standardize terms for SHM and initiate a "dictionary".
8. Promote utilization of SHM.
9. Promote participation of industry/government organizations.
RWG: Rotorcraft Working Group
CAWG: Commercial Aviation Working Group
MAWG: Military Aviation Working Group