CS106M More! for CS106B Students
Fall Quarter 2020
- Our meeting will start at 2pm Thursday Nov 12th , the early start means I can squeeze in an hour with y'all before the senate meeting. I appreciate your flexibility and thanks to Michael for leading in my absence.
- By popular request, we will tackle the venerable Fast Fourier Transform. Please invest some time into suggested pre-meeting resources page to so that you arrive on Thursday with basic gist of Fourier transform and we can start from there to optimize.
- Be sure to have watched Wendesday's CS106B lecture on Huffman coding. We'll start from there to explore additional algorithms for data compression. See resources posted to Meetings page.
- Someone please remind me to discuss scheduling for Week 9. On Nov 12th is next meeting of C-USP and would like to reschedule around my conflict if possible.
The magic (and puzzlement) of randomness as way to seek truth. See Meetings page for resources.
What does it take to be the King of Sorts? Let's find out! See Meetings page for resources.
I've got a conflict with Thursday 10/15, come discuss options on Ed https://us.edstem.org/courses/2737/discussion/147780 options to resolve. Thank you for your willingness to be flexible on meeting time! We're on for an early start this Thursday, meeting 2pm - 3:20pm. See Meetings page for background readings on techniques and alternatives to tame the expense of recursion.
Beautiful fractals and beautiful math coming up this Thursday. See Meetings page for videos/readings. See you Thursday!
Hey yall, Check the Meetings page for links to background readings on Search engines & Page Rank. Looking forward to seeing you Thursday!
Thanks for coming today and trying out our tools for collaborative work. It was fun! Check out Meetings page for follow up material I posted for binary seearch.
- What is CS106M? M is for More: More code, more fun, more learning! Read more about our plans.
- Join our Ed forum at https://us.edstem.org/join/ap4PnU
- Zoom link for Thursday meeting posted on the Zoom page (restricted to enrolled students).
- We will use our first week's meeting as an informal meet-and-greet and brainstorm our plans for the seminar.