- Overview of best practices in Organizational & Safety Culture, Aerosafe Risk Management, 2010 http://www.oshsi.nl.ca/userfiles/files/report/Aerosafe%20Safety%20Culture%20Report.pdf (Note: Excellent introduction to and review of “safety culture;” what it is, what organizational and behavioral attributes are core for different types of safety cultures, etc. Good background for discussions on safety cultures and positive attributes that support good safety cultures)
- Constructing Consequences for Noncompliance: The Case of Academic Laboratories by Ruthanne Huising and Susan S. Silbey The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science 2013 649: 157 http://ann.sagepub.com/content/649/1/157.full If not able to download, a copy of this publication is attached below as "2013 Huising and Silbey Compliance and the Case of Academic Labs_0.pdf" . (Excellent review of academic organizational structure and identification of issues, barriers and challenges to changing practices and cultures in academic research labs)
- Recommendations of the US Chemical Safety Board for academic research laboratories based on review and study of the Texas Tech Laboratory Explosion and follow up - http://www.csb.gov/assets/1/19/CSB_Study_TTU_.pdf
- American Chemical Society Publications: Creating Safety Cultures in Academic Institutions. American Chemical Society 2012 http://www.acs.org/content/dam/acsorg/about/governance/committees/chemicalsafety/academic-safety-culture-report-final-v2.pdf
- ACS Publication Identifying and Evaluating Hazards in Research Laboratories 2013 http://www.acs.org/content/dam/acsorg/about/governance/committees/chemicalsafety/identifying-and-evaluating-hazards-in-research-laboratories-draft.pdf
- Safety and Health Policy at Stanford: Principles, Practices and Responsibilities- http://www.stanford.edu/dept/EHS/prod/training/intro/13_02_06_2012_SHSP.pdf
- Presentation by Larry Gibbs on Advancing the Culture for the Conduct of Safe Science in Academic Research presented at the Campus Safety, Health and Environmental Management Association Conference in July 2013. Attached below as "CSHEMA Orlando Gibbs Safety Culture v6.pdf"
- National Research Council. Safe Science: Promoting a Culture of Safety in Academic Chemical Research. The National Academies Press, Washington, DC 2014. To access the PDF click here.
|2013 Huising and Silbey Compliance and the Case of Academic Labs_0.pdf||800.42 KB|
|CSHEMA Orlando Gibbs Safety Culture v6.pdf||335.83 KB|