- This page shoud be fully up to date for Fall 2023.
CS242, Programming Languages, covers the basics of the theory of programming languages, its applications to widely used languages today, and trends in the field that are likely to help define the programming languages of tomorrow. The techniques covered in the class also provide a set of intellectual tools that students can use to understand unfamiliar programming languages and improve their ability to design and write software. We will also apply the ideas developed in the class in surveying some modern programming languages and environments.
- Homeworks (56%)
- 7 Programming assignments (8% each)
- Roughly weekly, starting second week
- Expect around 10 hours/week
- In-class midterm (19%)
- Final (25%)
- The final will be cumulative but will be weighted toward material covered after the midterm.
Each student has 2 late days to use, see policy for more details.