From DesignX Wiki
Instructions For Windows
Instructions as of 5/22/12:
Please find below step-by-step instructions compiled by Dave Jaffe and Tim Keely to successfully install WorkCentre 7335 as a PC printer:
Steps on the Xerox website:
1. Browse to http://www.support.xerox.com/support/enus.html
2. Enter 7335 into search box, hit return
3. Click on "Drivers & Downloads"
4. Choose operating system from pull-down list (this guide is for windows 7 and XP)
5. Click on the appropriate installation package for the option "with built in controller" and find the "PS Driver - Xerox User Interface"
6. Click "Accept" End User License Agreement near bottom of page
7. Click "Save"
8. Chose location to save compressed (zip) - browse to desktop
9. Click Save & close browser
The Xerox print drivers are not self executable. These drivers must be
downloaded and unzipped to a location on a computer, and the Add Printer
Wizard used to install the driver. From the Add Printer Wizard, the driver is
accessed from the Have Disk section.
10. Double click on saved compressed (zip) file
11. Click on File / Extract All
12. Compressed (zipped) Folders Extraction Wizard opens
13. Click Next
14. Right click on desktop - create and name New Folder
15. In Wizard, click Browse
16. Click on name of empty folder just created
17. Click OK
18. In Wizard click Next > - files are extracted to folder
19. Click Finish
20. Folder contents should be called ""wc7328_ps_5.99.11_eng" or similar variant.
21. Close file display
22. Click on Start / Printers and Faxes / Add Printer to start Add Printer Wizard
23. Click Next >
24. Click on "Local printer attached to this computer"
25. Clear "Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer" box
26. Click Next>
27. Click on "Create a new port"
28. On the pull-down menu select "Standard TCP/IP port"
29. Click Next > - opens Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard
30. Click Next >
31. Enter 188.8.131.52 in "Printer Name or IP Address" box - port name gets filled in automatically
32. Click Next >
33. Click Finish - wait for Install Printer Software screen
34. Click "Have Disk"
35. Browse to the folder with the uncompressed printer driver on desktop
36. Click on folder, Click Open
37. Click on x2GPIMP.inf (only file listed)
38. Click Open
39. On Install From Disk screen, verify location of printer driver folder, press OK
40. Select Xerox WorkCentre 7335 PS
41. Click Next >
42. Optionally edit printer name
43. Select yes or no for default printer, depending on your situation
44. Click Next >
45. Select Yes or No to print a test page
46. Click Next >
47. Click Finish
48. Installation of files commences
49. Notification of test page printing displayed, then an on-screen pop-up
50. Go to copier to retrieve your test page
51. Click on OK to "test page printed ok"
52. You are done installing the printer driver - wasn't that easy?
Note: It is generally safe to ignore any warnings about "unsigned drivers".
53. Click Start / Settings / Printers and Faxes / Xerox WorkCenter 7335 PS
54. Click Printer / Printing Preferences
55. Verify 2-Sided Printing is set to 2-Sided Printing
56. Output Destination - Validated your preference
57. Delete compressed driver zip file
58. Delete folder that driver files were extracted to
1. If you are only billing to one account, you can save your login and account number as default. To do so, right-click on the printer and select Properties
2. Go to "Options", and Enable Write Defaults to Driver Configuration File"
3. Go to Configuration and in Accounting" select Default Account. Enter your User ID, "Passcode" and Account ID in the fields provided. Your User ID and Passcode is a four-digit number and the account number is a cost account number in the form X-XXXX - all of these you can get from Anneliese as appropriate for your lab group.
5. Click Apply
Old instructions: (kept for historical value)
The following instructions are for installing the Xerox Work Center on your computer. It is recommended that you use the attached driver set instead of the drivers available on other websites, since this one is preconfigured for CDR.
- Download this driver file to a location you will remember and extract it
- Go to Start / Printers and Faxes
- Click on Add Printer on the left.
- Click Next
- Select Local printer attached to this computer but unselect the box below (Automatically...), then click Next
- Select Create a New Port and select Standard TCP/IP Port in the pulldown menu and click Next.
- Click Next in the Window that comes open.
- Enter the following information in the Printer Name or IP Address box: 184.108.40.206
- The Port name will be set automatically while you fill in the box above. Then click Next.
- Click Finish
- Now click on Have Disk and point this into the extracted version of the folder you had downloaded in the first step.
- Select driver for Work Center 7335
- Finish the installation with multiple Oks. It is normal that you get a warning about the driver not being signed.
- If you are only billing to one account, you can save your login and account number as default. To do so, right-click on the printer and select Properties
- Go to "Options", and Enable Write Defaults to Driver Configuration File"
- Go to Configuration and in Accounting" select Default Account. Enter your User ID, "Passcode" and Account ID in the fields provided. Your User ID and Passcode is a six-digit number (if you had an account on the old copier, it is the same) and the account number is a cost account number in the form X-XXXX - all of these you can get from Denise or Karl.
- Click Ok
- Click Apply
- Go back to Options and set Write Defaults to Driver Configuration File back to Disable.
- Click Ok and you should be done.