From DesignX Wiki
The DesignX research group has weekly meetings during the school year on Wednesday evenings from 17:15 to 18:30 Pacific Standard Time (5:15 PM to 6:30 PM) on the second floor of CDR, the Center for Design Research, on the Stanford University campus at 424 Panama Mall, Building 560. Light snacks and beverages are traditionally provided. The meetings are informal, as interaction, discussion and questions are strongly encouraged. Visitors are welcome to attend.
The goals of the weekly DesignX meeting are:
- To foster a culture of more critical engagement;
- To create a safe place for critical discussion;
- To provide as much feedback on research as possible;
- To provide opportunities to discuss methodology; and
- To create a healthy, constructive research community.
Every presentation will have an assigned facilitator from the Leifer Lab. The facilitator's role is:
- To ensure that areas pertinent to research are covered in the presentation. These include, primarily, the methods, the research question, the need, the data, and how it aligns with the goals set for the Center for Design Research;
- To moderate the discussion so that it is critical, engaging, and on-topic; and
- To work with the presenter prior to designX, to ensure that the presentation flows smoothly, and generates the most value for both the presenter and the designX audience. (Optional, yet highly recommended)
Our goal is to provide opportunities for the designX community to interact with each other. Speakers from outside the Leifer Lab are generally limited to about one-third of the slots in any given quarter.
The current designX meeting organizers (Winter 2012) are Adam Sheppard and Gabriel Aldaz.
Links to Weekly Meeting Schedule - Current Quarter in Red
- Summer Quarter 2010
- Spring Quarter 2010
- Winter Quarter 2010
- Winter Quarter 2011
- Spring Quarter 2011
- Summer Quarter 2011
- Fall Quarter 2011
- Winter Quarter 2012
- Spring Quarter 2012
- Fall Quarter 2012