Click here to download PDF version of resume.
Stanford University, Stanford, CA
PhD, Civil and Environmental Engineering, 2019
Stanford University, Stanford, CA
Master's Degree, Sustainable Design and Construction, 2014
Universidad Panamericana, Mexico City, Mexico
Bachelor's Degree, Mechatronics Engineering, 2007
Stanford University, Doctoral Student Researcher at Project Based Learning Lab,Stanford, CA 2014-Present
Research Focus: Identify critical dynamic interaction metrics between occupants and buildings and quantify their impacts towards harmonizing occupant well-being, productivity, and building sustainability.
- Collected concurrent, correlated occupant psycho-physiological data and building interior environment data using fixed and wearable sensors.
- Built big data visualization tool for Stanford's HANA Immersive Visualization Environment.
- Trained and tested supervised and unsupervised machine learning models to classify occupant well-being states and predict occupant and building state transitions.
- Developed Space-Mate, a comprehensive simulation framework and prototype that raises awareness of occupant and building states and informs decision-making toward harmonizing occupant well-being and building sustainable performance.
- Identified indicators based on Space-Mate simulation prototype results showing up to 40% increase in occupant well-being, with up to 50% less energy consumption through building-occupant collaboration.
- Published 4 peer-reviewed conference papers and 1 book chapter.
- Submitted 1 patent application, Pacific Fog: building-embedded fog water harvesting & utilization system (2015).
U.S. Green Building Council, Schneider Fellow, Washington, DC 2017
- Planned, organized and hosted two seasons of Built for Health, a podcast with over 13,000 listeners.
PMM, Chief of Plant Engineering, Mexico City, Mexico 2008-2013
- Facilitated modification and construction of 3 new offices, 1 chemical laboratory, and 2 storage facilities.
- Planned and coordinated the maintenance of the manufacturing facility's machinery and infrastructure.
- Designed and implemented leadership training program for managers and plant supervisors.
- Oversaw improvement projects related to the plant's processes and infrastructure, including:
- Implemented mechanical drying process which reduced the drying time from 36 hours to 1 hour.
- Increased the energy capacity of the plant by 50% by upgrading the substation's power transformer.
- Redesigned and upgraded stretching machinery increasing their production output by 30%.
- Designed insulation prototype for extruders' head which reduced their energy consumption by 60%.
Data Visualization and Visual Design: Tableau, D3.js, Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, InVision
Built Environment Design: SketchUp, Autodesk Revit/A360/BIM 360, eQuest, EnergyPlus, AGi32
Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality: Microsoft HoloLens, Acer Mixed Reality, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive
Languages: Spanish (Native), English (Fluent), Italian (Intermediate)
Awards and Honors (Selected)
Charles H. Leavell Fellowship on Sustainable Built Environment, 2017
Schneider Sustainable Energy Fellowship, 2017
Best Paper Award at the 16th International Conference on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering (ICCCBE2016) for Transforming the BIM Mindset, 2016
Stanford University Center for Integrated Facility Engineering Seed Award, 2015 & 2016
Mexico's National Science and Technology Council Scholarship, 2013 (MS) & 2014 (PhD)
Fulbright-Garcia Robles Scholarship, 2013