- Yair Field [September 2012-- ]
- David Knowles [August 2014-- ; joint with Sylvia Plevritis]
- Ziyue Gao [September 2015--]
- Harold Pimentel [August 2016-- ]
- Hanna Ollila [September 2017-- ]
- Jake Freimer [August 2018--; joint with Alex Marson]
- Yuval Simons [August 2018-- ]
- Diego Calderon [March 2014-- ; BMI]
- Emily Glassberg [March 2014-- ; Biology, joint with Marc Feldman]
- Evan Boyle [June 2015-- ; Genetics, joint with Will Greenleaf]
- Jessica Ribado [June 2015-- ; Genetics, joint with Ami Bhatt]
- Nasa Sinnott-Armstrong [June 2017-- ; Genetics]
- Hannah Moots [June 2017-- ; Archaeology]
- Margaret Antonio [June 2017-- ; BMI]
- Lily Leung [October 2017-- ]
Lab Alumni who are now PIs at academic institutions.
Alexis Battle (Johns Hopkins),
Jordana Bell (Kings College London),
Don Conrad (Wash U St Louis),
Graham Coop (UC Davis),
Audrey Fu (Univ Idaho),
Daniel Gaffney (Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute),
Kyle Gaulton (UCSD),
David Golan (Technion, Israel),
Kelley Harris (University of Washington),
Yang Li (Univ Chicago),
Xun Lan (Tsinghua U, China),
Pall Melsted (University of Iceland),
Giovanni Montana (Kings College London),
Joe Pickrell (NY Genome Center/Columbia),
Roger Pique-Regi (Wayne State),
Graham McVicker (Salk Institute),
Towfique Raj (Mt. Sinai),
Ben Voight (U Penn),
Jeff Wall (UCSF),
William Wen (U Michigan),
Sebastian Zollner (U Michigan).
Approximately complete list of lab alumni
- Jeff Wall [July 2002 - June 2003]
Now Professor, University of California, San Francisco
- Giovanni Montana
[April 2002 -- March 2004] Now Professor of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Kings College London
- Sebastian Zollner [December 2001--July 2005]
Now Associate Professor, University of Michigan
Coop [November 2004--August 2008] Now Professor, University of California, Davis
- Jean-Baptiste Veyrieras [November 2006--October 2007/Consultant until 2011] Now Group Leader at
- Jordana Bell
[February 2008--November 2009] Now Senior Lecturer [UK equiv. of asst. or assoc. Prof], Kings College London.
- Ying Wang [March 2009--May 2011] Now scientist at Beijing Institute of Genomics.
- Páll Melsted [October 2009--July 2011] Now assistant professor University of Iceland.
- Daniel Gaffney [September 2008--July 2011]
Now Group Leader [like association professor] at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute.
- Roger Pique-Regi [March 2009--August 2012] Now assistant professor at Wayne State University.
- Allegra Petti [February 2012--June 2013; (res. asst. prof.), joint with Y Gilad] Now Staff Scientist at Washington University
- Shyam Gopalakrishnan [September 2011--July 2013; joint with Abe Palmer] Switched to Abe's lab following Stanford move. Now Postdoc, University of Copenhagen.
- Zia Khan [September
2011--December 2013; joint with Y Gilad] Asst. Prof. in CS
at University of Maryland. Now Staff Scientist at Genentech.
- Stoyan Georgiev [September 2011--April 2014]. Now data scientist at Google.
- Alexis Battle [August 2013--June 2014] Now assistant professor at Johns Hopkins (CS, Biostats)
- Audrey Fu
[September 2014--August 2015; visiting scholar from U Chicago (Stephens lab)]. Now assistant professor of Statistics at University of Idaho.
- Towfique Raj
[September 2014--August 2015; visiting scholar from Broad/HMS]. Now assistant professor at Mt Sinai
- Graham McVicker [May 2010--Dec 2015]. Now assistant professor at Salk Institute.
- Kyle Gaulton [Oct 2014--Dec 2015; visiting scholar from McCarthy lab, Oxford]. Now Asst. Prof. at UCSD.
Golan [August 2014--September 2016]. Now assistant professor at
the Technion in Israel.
- Anil Raj [September 2011--October 2016]. Now bioinformatician at Calico.
- Anand Bhaskar [September
2014--March 2017]. Now data scientist at Facebook.
- Xun Lan [September 2012--September 2017]. Now Asst. Prof. Tsinghua U, China.
- Yang Li [September 2014--October 2017]. Now Asst. Prof. Univ. Chicago.
- Kelley Harris [July 2015--December 2017]. Now Asst. Prof. Univ. Washington
- Eilon Sharon [February 2014--September 2018; joint with Hunter Fraser]. Now Scientist at Insitro.
- Xiaoquan William Wen [November 2001 -- September 2007].
William played a key role in many of the lab's projects over a
6-year span. He developed the popular user interface for the
structure software package. Went on to a Ph.D
Statistics with Matthew Stephens; now assistant professor at the
University of Michigan.
- Mike Trienis [September 2008--September 2009].
- Yonggan Wu [November 2013--April 2015]
- Priya Desai [November 2013--December 2015]
- Ben Lehmann [June 2015--September 2016]
[Autumn 2002 -- Spring 2006; joint with N. Cox, PhD in
Human Genetics]. Went on to a postdoc with David Altshuler/Mark Daly,
Broad Institute. Thesis:
Approaching human genetics from a population based paradigm. Awarded
"best thesis in Biological Sciences Division" (2006). Now associate
professor at the University of Pennsylvania
Dan Davison [January 2005 -- August 2006; joint with
S. Hackett; PhD from Committee on Evolutionary Biology]. Went on to
a postdoc with Peter Donnelly, University of Oxford. Thesis on
statistical inference of population structure and history based on
genetic data. Now at Counsyl.
- Don Conrad
[Spring 2003 -- Summer 2007; PhD in Human Genetics] Went on to a postdoc with
Matthew Hurles, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute; moving to faculty
position at Wash. U. Thesis: Measurement and analysis of copy
number variation in the human genome. Now assistant professor at Washington
University of St. Louis.
- Su Yeon Kim
[September 2004 -- March 2008; joint with P. McCullagh, PhD in
Statistics] Thesis: Evolution of conserved noncoding elements in
mammals. Postdoc with Terry Speed, Berkeley. Now bioinformatician at
- Sridhar Kudaravalli [September 2004 -- August 2008] Thesis:
Recent positive selection in the human genome. Returned to India to
work in family business.
- Joe Pickrell
[September 2007-- September 2011]. Thesis on population genetics and
human expression. Postdoc in David Reich's lab, Harvard Med
School. Now assistant professor at NY Genome Center/Columbia.
- Jack Degner [September 2008-- August 2012]. Thesis on genetic variation and gene regulation. Postdoc with Eileen Furlong, EMBL. Now Sr. Scientist at AbbVie.
- Paul Grabowski [November 2011--December 2014; joint with J Borevitz] Thesis on population genetics of switchgrasses and general statistical methods for demographic inference. Now a postdoc with Mike Caswell, USDA.
- Cristina Pop
[June 2014--January 2015; CS, with Daphne Koller prior to her move to Coursera]. Thesis on ribosome profiling. Now a data scientist at Google.
- Bryce van de Geijn [September 2011--December 2015] Thesis on QTL mapping with allele-specific expression. Now a postdoc with Alkes Price, Harvard.
- Natalie Telis [March 2014--March 2018; BMI] Thesis on selection in humans, and other topics. Now staff scientist at Ancestry.com.
- Arbel Harpak [March 2014--April 2018; Biology] Thesis on gene conversion, mutational processes etc. Now a postdoc with Molly Przeworski, Columbia.
- Melissa Hubisz [September 2006--2008; Master's degree in human genetics].
Now PhD student at Cornell.
- Andy Dahl [May 2011-- June 2012; BS and MS in Statistics] DPhil (=PhD) at Oxford with Jonathan Marchini. Now postdoc at UCSF.
Lab Technicians (working in Yoav's lab):
- Everlyne Nkadori [September 2008--June 2010; now in Medical school, U Wisconsin]
- Sherryl De Leon [January 2010--August 2010; now in Master's Program, Boston University]
- Bryan Pavlovic [July 2010--August 2012; now in PhD program, UChicago]
- Noah Lewellen [August 2010--August 2012; law school?]
- Katelyn Michelini [May 2009--May 2013; to Illumina]
- Marsha Myrthil [August 2010--October 2013; to Yoav's lab]
Past short-term visitors:
- Sarah Hansoul [visiting postdoc from University of Liège, Belgium, spring 2006]
- Laura Scott [Visiting faculty from U. Michigan, January -- June 2010]
- Heejung Kim [Visiting postdoc from Stephens lab in Chicago, Winter 2014]
- Dan Lawson [August-October 2015, Visiting Wellcome Trust Research Fellow from Bristol]
PhD students who switched to UC labs during Stanford move
- Carolyn Jumper [September 2012--May 2013; to Cox lab]
- Michael Turchin [September 2012--May 2013; joint with M Stephens; to 100% Stephens lab]
Student rotations: Chicago
Student rotations: Stanford
Ben Voight [grad student rotation, summer 2002]
Don Conrad [grad student rotation, winter 2003]
Sridhar Kudaravalli [grad student rotation, summer 2004]
Melissa Hubisz [grad student rotation, summer 2006]
Joe Pickrell [grad student rotation, summer 2007]
Jack Degner [grad student rotation, summer 2008]
Wynn Meyer [grad student rotation, summer 2008]
- Imge Hulur [grad student rotation, winter 2010]
- Bryce van der Geijn [grad student rotation, summer 2010]
- John Blischak [grad student rotation, summer 2011]
- Ziyue Gao [grad student rotation, summer 2011]
- David Pritchard [visiting Statistics student, summer 2011]
- Nick Banovich [grad student rotation, summer 2012]
- Carolyn Jumper [grad student rotation, summer 2012]
- Michael Turchin [grad student rotation, summer 2012]
- Sarah Urbut [med student project, summer 2012]
- Bryan Pavlovic (grad student rotation; winter 2013)
- Ilana Arbisser (Bio grad student rotation; fall 2013)
- Michael Sikora (Genetics grad student rotation; fall 2013)
- Diego Calderon (BMI grad student rotation; winter 2014)
- Emily Glassberg (Bio grad student rotation; winter 2014)
- Peyton Greenside (BMI grad student rotation; winter 2014)
- Arbel Harpak (Bio grad student rotation; winter 2014)
- Natalie Telis (BMI grad student rotation; winter 2014)
- Jialu Zhu (Comp Eng RA; spring 2014)
- Jessica Ribado (Genetics grad student rotation; spring 2015)
- Evan Boyle (Genetics grad student rotation; spring 2015)