- Homework 7 (Gradiance) is due on Tuesday, February 28 at 11:59 pm!
- Midterm Results are on Gradescope! Solutions on the exam page.
- Homework 6 (Gradiance) is due on Thursday, February 23 at 11:59 pm!
- Homework 5 (Gradiance) is due on Sunday, February 19 at 11:59 pm!
- Homework 4 (Gradiance) is due on Tuesday, February 7 at 11:59 pm!
- Homework 3 (Gradiance) is due on Tuesday, January 31 at 11:59 pm!
- Homework 2 (Gradiance) is due on Tuesday, January 24 at 11:59 pm! The class code to sign in is C4A57037. Instructions to sign up are here
- Piazza is now up! Please enroll in the class here
- Homework 1 (written) is due on Wednesday, January 18 via Gradescope. You can also find it here
- Welcome to the CS 245 website. Please visit these pages frequently for course information, resources, and last minute announcements.
CS 245 is a upper-division and graduate-level introduction to the
design and implementation of data management systems. The course is of
3 units and can be taken for a letter grade or CR/NC.
Topics covered: File organization and access, buffer management, performance analysis, and storage management. Database system architecture, query optimization, transaction management, recovery, concurrency control. Reliability, protection, and integrity. Design and management issues.
Lectures: Monday & Wednesday 1:30 PM - 2:50PM, NVIDIA Auditorium
Assignments: One written homework due in class and six homework assignments + two (or three) MySQL "code analysis" homeworks turned in via Gradiance. Also readings in Textbook.
Grading: Homeworks: 20%, Midterm: 30%, Final: 50%.
Honor code: In general, you should act according to the Stanford Honor Code and submit your own work. In particular, you may and are encouraged to discuss the topic of specific problems with others in a general way. However, you are expected to solve the problems by yourself. You are allowed to use any available inanimate source of information (in addition to the lecture notes and the textbook).
Instructor: Peter Bailis
CA: Timothy Lee
CA: Aaron Loh
CA: Danyang Wang
CA: Connie Zeng
Staff contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anonymous Feedback Form: Link (responses seen by Peter only)