Submitted and Working Papers
- M. Bayati, M. A. Erdogdu, and A. Montanari,
Estimating LASSO risk and noise level,
Preliminary version appeared in NIPS 2013.
- E. Ang, S. Kwasnick, M. Bayati, E Plambeck, and M. Aratow,
Accurate ED Wait Time Prediction ,
Accepted to Manufacturing and Service Operations Management (MSOM), 2015.
Preliminary version in MSOM 2014 SIG Conference on Healthcare Operations Management.
M. Bayati, M. Braverman, M. Gillam, K. Mack, G. Ruiz, M. Smith, and E. Horvitz,
Data-Driven Decisions for Reducing Readmissions for Heart Failure: General Methodology and Case Study
, PLoS ONE, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0109264, 2014.
- M. Bayati, C. Borgs, A. Braunstein, J. Chayes, A. Ramezanpour, and R. Zecchina,
Statistical Mechanics of Steiner Trees,
Phys. Rev. Lett. (PRL) 101, 037208 ,, 2008
Refereed Conference Papers
- H. Bastani, J. Goh, and M. Bayati,
Evidence of Strategic Upcoding in Medicare Claims Data,
Wharton Empirical Workshop, 2014.
- E. Ang, M. Aratow, M. Bayati, S. Kwasnick, and E Plambeck,
Forecasting Emergency Department Wait Times,
MSOM SIG Conference on Healthcare Operations Management, 2014.
M. Bayati, M. Lelarge and A. Montanari, Universality in Polytope Phase Transitions and Iterative Algorithms
Y. Kanoria, M. Bayati, C. Borgs, J. Chayes, and A. Montanari, Fast Convergence of Natural Bargaining Dynamics on Exchange Networks,
ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, SODA 2011
Bayati, J. Bento and A. Montanari, The LASSO risk: asymptotic results and real world examples,
- M. Bayati, and A. Montanari, The dynamics of message passing on dense graphs, with applications to compressed sensing,
M. Bayati, D. Gamarnik, and P. Tetali, Combinatorial approach to the interpolation method and scaling limits in sparse random graphs,
ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, STOC 2010
M. Bayati, M.Gerritsen, D. Gleich, A. Saberi, and Y. Wang, Algorithms for Large, Sparse Network Alignment,
Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, ICDM 2009
- M. Bayati, A. Montanari, and A. Saberi, Generating random graphs with large girth, ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms,
Implementation details in Information Theory Workshop version, ITW 2009
Software (by Raghu Keshavan and Sewoong Oh)
- M. Bayati, J. H. Kim and A. Saberi, A sequential algorithm for generating random graphs,
International workshop on Randomization and Computation,
- M. Bayati, D. Gamarnik, D. Katz, C. Nair and P. Tetali, Simple deterministic approximation algorithms for counting matchings, ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing,
STOC 2007, Longer version
- M. Bayati, B. Prabhakar, D. Shah and M. Sharma, Iterative Scheduling Algorithms, IEEE Conference on Computer Communications,
- M. Bayati, Chandra Nair, A rigorous proof of the cavity method for counting matchings,
Allerton conference on communication, control and computing,
- M. Bayati, D. Shah and M. Sharma, A simpler max-product maximum weight matching algorithm and the auction algorithm, IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory,
- M. Bayati, M. Squillante and M. Sharma, Optimal scheduling in multi-server queuing network, ACM SIGMETRICS/Performance,
- N. Kumar, S. Nabar, M. Bayati, A. Keshavarzian, Achieving stability in networks of input queued switches using a local online scheduling policy, IEEE Global Communications Conference,
- M. Bayati, D. Shah and M. Sharma, Maximum weight matching via max-product belief propagation, IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory,
- M. Bayati, N. Beheshti, Stability of the maximum size matching in input queued switches,
Allerton conference on communication, control and computing, ALLERTON 2004
- M. Bayati, M. Braverman, M. Gillam, and E. Horvitz, - Health Care Policy Development and Execution , 2010
- M. Bayati, M. Braverman, S. Kale and Y. Makarychev, Predicting web-advertisement click success by using head-to-head ratings, 2009
- M. Bayati, A. Braunstein, C. Borgs, J. Chayes and R. Zecchina, Network analysis with Steiner Trees, 2008 (awarded)