Mining Massive Data Sets
The course will discuss data mining and machine learning algorithms for analyzing very large amounts of data. The emphasis will be on Map Reduce as a tool for creating parallel algorithms that can process very large amounts of data.
Important course information will be posted on this web page and announced in class. You are responsible for all material that appears here and should check this page for updates frequently.
- 1/22: Homework 2 has been posted. Due 2/5.
- 1/8: Homework 1 has been posted. Due 1/22.
- 1/5: The first class will be held at 9:30am on Tuesday, January 6, in NVidia Auditorium, Huang Engineering Center.
- 1/5: There will be 2 optional recitation sessions which will review basic material on Probability and Linear Algebra: Friday, January 9, 4:15-5:30pm (Probability), and Friday, January 16, 4:15-5:30pm (Linear Algebra) in Gates B01. Sessions will be video recorded.
- 1/4: Hadoop tutorial has been posted. Due 1/13.
- 1/4: Course handout has been posted.
Tuesday & Thursday 9:30AM - 10:45AM in NVidia Auditorium, Jen-Hsun Huang Engineering Center.
Watch video lectures on SCPD. Stanford students can see them here.
Non-School of Engineering students can submit an access request and you'll get access to the videos.
Office Hours: Wednesday 9-10am, Gates 418
TAs and Office hours (Starting from the second week, Jan 10):
Office Hours: Monday 10am-12pm, Location: Gates B24A
Office Hours: Monday 3-5pm, Location: 360-361A
Office Hours: Tuesday 3-5pm, Location: Gates B26B
Office Hours: Tuesday 5-7pm, Location: Gates B26B
Office Hours: Wednesday 2-4pm, Location: Lathrop Tech Lounge
Office Hours: Wednesday 6-8pm, Location: Gates B24B
Clement Ntwari Nshuti
Office Hours: Thursday 5-7pm, Location: 300-303
Office Hours: Thursday 7-9pm, Location: Huang Basement
Office Hours: Friday 12-2pm, Location: Gates B24A
James (Yuqi) Liu
Office Hours: Friday 2-4pm, Location: Gates B24A
The weekend office hours are held every Saturday and Sunday, 10am - 12pm via Hangouts. The link is posted on Piazza before each session.
You can reach us at email@example.com
Use Piazza to post class related questions: https://piazza.com/stanford/winter2015/cs246/home.
Previous versions of the course
CS246: Winter 2014
CS246: Winter 2013
CS246: Winter 2012
CS246: Winter 2011
CS345a: Winter 2010