Today I gave a presentation on Open Source Geospatial Tools for Anthropological Research.
Here are the tools I mentioned - by no means an exhaustive list.
- Desktop GIS: QGIS, also JUMP, uDIG, gvSIG, OpenEV, SAGA
- Geospatial data management and analysis: GRASS-GIS
- Spatial databases: MySQL, PostGIS
- Command line utilities: GDAL/OGR, AVCE00, GMT
- Internet mapping: GeoServer, Mapserver
- Data visualization: GGobi, Mondrian, GeoDa, Geovista
- Spatial catalogue: GeoNetwork
No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post)