Graduation Quarter Status
Registration is required for the term in which a student submits a dissertation or has a degree conferred. Students who meet all the following conditions are eligible to be assessed a special tuition rate for the quarter in which they are receiving a degree:
- All course work, degree requirements, oral exams, and residency requirements for all graduate degree programs, including joint degree programs, have been completed prior to the start of the requested Graduation Quarter. .
- A graduate or professional student must have been enrolled or have been on an approved leave of absence in the term immediately preceding the term chosen as the graduation quarter. Summer term enrollment is optional for students on graduation quarter in the Autumn term provided that they have been enrolled the prior Spring term.
- The student has formally applied to graduate in Axess.
- The student has only to submit the dissertation, project, or master's thesis by the deadline for submission in the term designated as the graduation quarter.
- The student has filed all necessary forms regarding graduation quarter before the first day of the term chosen as graduation quarter.
Students on graduation quarter are registered at Stanford and, therefore, have the rights and privileges of registered students. Graduation Quarter status may be used only once during a degree program. There is a tuition rate of $100 for the graduation quarter.