CTL Services to Faculty, Lecturers, and Teaching Assistants
CTL provides the Stanford community with services and resources on effective teaching. The center's goals are:
- to identify and involve successful faculty, lecturers, and TAs who are willing to share their talents with others
- to provide those who are seeking to improve their teaching with the means to do so
- to acquaint the Stanford community with important innovations and new technologies for teaching
- to prepare new faculty and TAs for their responsibilities
- to contribute to the professional development of teaching assistants
- to expand awareness of the role of teaching at research universities
- to increase the rewards for superior teaching.
CTL is also available to help departments/programs in the design of effective TA training programs.
Resources available to faculty, lecturers, and TAs include: videotaping, microteaching (simulated practice teaching), and consultation; small group and other forms of mid-quarter evaluation; workshops and lectures; a handbook on teaching and a library of teaching materials; quarterly teaching orientations; and work with individuals, groups, and departments on their specific needs. For further details, see CTL's teaching handbook or the CTL brochure, both available by calling (650) 723-1326, or see http://ctl.stanford.edu.
For questions or requests, email TeachingCenter@stanford.edu.